The automotive industry today is far more complex and demanding than ever before. Impeccable materials and components are required for safety, performance and appearance. Short manufacturing lead times and cost effectiveness are essential for meeting and surpassing competition standards.
EVS provides the automotive industry with Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) systems for the detection of spinning, weaving and finishing defects. Our systems increase quality, accuracy, safety, traceability and production efficiency, while decreasing labor and costs.
EVS AOI systems automatically perform quality inspection and monitoring in the production of:
- Tire Cord
- Air bags
- Safety Belts
Inspection Process Example - Tire Cord
EVS AOI systems can be applied in the following processes in the production of tire cords:
- Weaving process - on loom inspection. Detecting defects and preventing repetitive defects, by stopping or alarming the loom. Most defects are detected at this stage.
- Dipping process – inspection of the rubber coating stage. Detecting defects on the end product, for cutting the fabric and ensuring that only grade A material is shipped.
- Steel yarn layer preparation.
- High or low warp yarn density
- Broken picks
- Distorted picks
- Loose picks
- Missing picks
- Air splices
- Broken ends
|IQ-TEX TC typical installation
|Seat Belts Detectable Defects
|Air Bag Album Defects
automatic optical inspection
- Improved quality of final product
- Reduced labor costs
- Reduced running time
- Reduced repetitive defects on the loom
- Collecting defects data
- Central control on the finishing line operation
- Simpler plant operation
- Increased automation of plant
- Modular, compact, cost-effective
- Centralized control over multiple inspection points
- Inspection of images is performed inside smart cameras; central computer receives only inspection results
- No special knowledge of image processing is required for system operation or maintenance
- Operating System is based on Windows NT, with customized application programs
- Fast Ethernet communication
- Each camera is equipped with a Local Control Unit, capable of transmitting or receiving standard signals to or from external electronic devices